Ted Cruz was having a gangbusters year of being featured at CNSNews.com -- it help when you hire the daughter of CNS editor Terry Jeffrey as your spokesperson. Here's the free promotion Cruz got from CNS in the final quarter of 2022, which throttled things back a bit from earlier in the year:
- Cruz, Colleagues: DOJ Has No Authority to Quash Speech Critical of Transgender Policy Towards Minors
- Ted Cruz: The Democrat Far-Left Agenda Has Been a ‘Train Wreck’ for New Grads, Young Parents and Retiring Seniors
- Sen. Cruz: Hard-Core Partisans in FBI, DOJ ‘View Themselves as Jackbooted Thugs for the DNC’
- Sen. Cruz: 'We Got to Actually Deport People Who Cross Illegally'
- Cruz Accuses the Biden White House of ‘Unleashing the FBI’ on Israel to Investigate Journalist’s Death
- Sen. Cruz Explains Republicans’ Agenda to ‘The View’ Host in Just Three Words
- Sen. Cruz: Musk's Twitter Purchase Is 'One of the Most Significant Developments for Free Speech'
- Sen. Ted Cruz: ‘5 facts about Trump Special Counsel Jack Smith’ Appointed ‘to Indict and Prosecute Donald Trump’
- Cruz: Democrats Hate Herschel Walker ‘Because He’s a Black Man Who’s a Conservative’
- Cruz: Biden Administration is Moving ‘Systematically Towards Formally Recognizing the Maduro Regime’
- Sen. Ted Cruz: 'This Was All About Weaponizing Big Tech'
There was also an Oct. 31 article by Susan Jones giving Cruze secondhand promotion under the headline "Rep. Comer: 'I Agree With Ted Cruz': Why Have FBI, DOJ Ignored 'Credible Evidence' Involving Hunter Biden?" Not counting that one, there were only 11 Cruz-centric articles in the final quarter, which makes for a total of 65 articles in 2022. By contrast, CNS devoted 46 articles to him in 2020 and 72 articles in 2021.
As usual, CNS has never explained why it considers Cruz so newsworthy, and it definitely hasn't disclosed in any of these the fact that Cruz employs Jeffrey's daughter.