Week 5 of Newsmax's massive victimhood campaign over getting dropped by DirecTV continued with more of the same on a slower pace:
- Rep. Steube to Newsmax: 'Double Standard' Involved in DirecTV's Actions
- Vivek Ramaswamy to Newsmax: Private-Govt 'Hybrid' Censorship Makes 'Blood Boil'
- Dick Morris to Newsmax: DirecTV, Censorship Will Be 'Major Topic' at CPAC
- Rep. D'Esposito to Newsmax: DirecTV Dropping Newsmax 'Insane'
- Ted Cruz: End Corporate Censorship, Bring Newsmax Back
- Rep. Moore to Newsmax: 'Have To Push Back' on Censoring Conservatives
- Rep. Perry to Newsmax: Congress Needs to Probe DirecTV Decision
- Rep. Giménez to Newsmax: Hearings on Censoring Conservatives 'Right'
- Rep. Biggs to Newsmax: DirecTV Hearings Likely in 3-4 Weeks
- Rep. LaLota to Newsmax: Censorship Like DirecTV's Must Be Stopped
- Rep. Babin to Newsmax: DirecTV Move 'Doesn't Pass The Smell Test'
- Sen. Cruz to Newsmax: DirecTV's Answers to Committee 'Insufficient'
- Rep. McClintock to Newsmax: America Was Built on Foundation of Free Speech
- Iowa AG Bird to Newsmax: 'Cancel Culture' a Threat to American Values
- Sen. Marshall to Newsmax: DirecTV Told Kansans Upset About Removal of Newsmax
This list is a little deceiving because it hides how much things had slowed down in week 5. Of these 15 articles, nine were posted on Feb. 28; the other six were posted on Feb. 25 and 27 (no articles were posted on Feb 26).This brings the total number of "news" articles attacking DirecTV since it dropped Newsmax on Jan. 25 to 228.
Again, Newsmax columnists attempted to help make Newsmax's case. James Hirsen complained in a Feb. 24 column:
To truly amass power, a would-be autocrat or totalitarian regime will typically suppress any criticism or dissent that might emanate from those who may wish to challenge such authority.
How is the sinister goal of silencing vast numbers of individuals or organizations reached? By controlling and/or eliminating the free flow of news and information within a society.
Examining Newsmax’s removal from DirecTV’s platform is critical in understanding what has happened to the Fourth Estate, what stage in the totalitarian process we are presently in, and what are the means by which we can make our way back to freedom.
How much ideological discrimination of speech should a free people tolerate?
Here’s the simple answer.
Of course, DirecTV replaced Newsmax with another rightwing channel, The First, meaning there is absolutely no "ideological discrimination of speech" happening here. But Hirsen didn't tell his readers that, because that would have blown up his entire column.