The latest employment numbers were very good news, with 288,000 new jobs created and the unemployment rate falling to 6.1 percent. But what's good news for the economy under a Democratic president is bad news for CNSNews.com, so it had a mission: Bury that good news under a pile of cherry-picked numbers.
And CNS did just that with an onslaught of articles:
- Record Number of Americans Not in Labor Force in June
- Record Number of Women Not Participating in the Labor Force in June
- Black Unemployment 10.7%, More Than Double White Unemployment 5.3%
- Teen Unemployment Rises to 21%
- 7.5M Americans Working Part Time, But Not by Choice
None of these articles mentioned the fact that 288,000 jobs were created in June.
Additionally, an article by Penny Starr quoted an officials with the right-wing group Generation Opportunity -- described by Starr only as "a Millinneal think tank" with no mention of its ideological slant -- claiming that “My generation needs more jobs." That article, too, failed to mention that 288,000 jobs were created in June.