We've documented how CNSNews.com has become enthralled with right-wing activist Candace Owens, promoting her declarations while whitewashing or hiding completely her more extreme claims, even falsely crediting her with creating the so-called "Blexit" movement to encorage Blacks to become Republicans. That enthrallment has continued this year as well -- including her claim that Hitler would have been OK if he didn't have "dreams outside of Germany."
CNS -- mostly blogger Craig Bannister -- has remained a dutiful stenographer for Owens' pronouncements this year as well:
- Candace Owens: ‘The Left Is Becoming a Doomsday Cult’
- Candace Owens: Either Mandate COVID-19 Testing or ‘Stop Wasting Our Time,’ ‘Let Americans Get Back to Work’
- Candace Owens to AOC: ‘You’re a Racist, Radical Communist…Using Plight of Minorities to Fulfill Your Sick and Twisted Goals’
- Candace Owens: ‘Every 4 Years the Black Community Takes the Media Bait'
- Candace Owens: ‘Best Video on the Internet’ Is a Black Patriot ‘Not Falling for the Media’s Narrative’
- Candace Owens: #BLM Movement ‘Is About Black Anarchy – And, I Will Never Bend a Knee to That’
- Candace Owens: CEOs Should ‘Grow a Spine,’ Stop Caving to Radicals’ Extortion and ‘Playing by the Left’s Rules’
While CNS was touting Owens' right-wing-friendly declarations, it was censoring her controversies:
- After the death of black jogger Ahmaud Aarbery at the hands of white vigilantes, Owens suggested he had it coming because he was "caught on camera breaking into an unfinished property ... Avid joggers don’t wear khaki shorts & stop to break into homes."
- Owens ranted that Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, was a "dicator" for locking down much of the state to try and prevent the spread of coronavirus.This got her briefly suspended from Twitter (which made CNS' cohorts at the Media Research Center very unhappy).
- Owens also declared she would not get a possible coronavirus vaccine -- while fearmongering about other vaccines -- and will refuse to wear a mask to help prevent coronavirus spread.
- She advanced more coronavirus conspiracies, claiming that the death toll from the virus was being inflated for "financiai incentive."
Owens is a liar, conspiracy-monger and grifter, yet CNS continues to give her a platform.