Back in September, we showed how CNSNews.com has shown obsessive interest in the political thoughts of entergainer Bette Midler for no apparent reason. It kept doing that through threst of 2020:
- Bette Midler: ‘I Began to Witness the…Unhinged ArchieBunker Racism That Defined Trump’
- Bette Midler: ‘Trump Campaign is Planning to Steal the Election, Probably With the Help of Foreign Actors’
- Bette Midler: ‘Trump Is Going to Steal the Mail-In Ballots Somehow’
- Bette Midler: Trump ‘Most Dishonest, Dangerous, Mean-Spirited, Divisive, Corrupt Person to Occupy Oval Office’
- Bette Midler Reflects on VP Debate: ‘It’s the First Time Women Have Ever Looked at Pence’s Fly’
- Bette Midler: ‘We Have a Fascist in the White House’
- Bette Midler: Trump 'Actually IS the Anti-Christ'
- Bette Midler—Using an ‘F’-Word on Twitter—Makes Fun of Melania Trump’s Accent (and Christmas)
- Bette Midler: "Let’s Discuss the Untold Misery the Church Has Inflicted on Indigenous Peoples and ‘Heretics’"
- Bette Midler: ‘Both Rudy G and Donald T Should Be Charged With Murder’
- Bette Midler: ‘Americans…Don’t Know How to Actually Think, to Reason’
That's another 11 items, for a total of 40 articles CNS devoted to Midler in 2020.
CNS has yet to explain why it's so obsessively focues on Midler, but casting aspersions on her is clearly one intent being doing so. The posts are typically accompanied with photos of Midler either with Hillary Clinton or dressed in some outlandish costume for an event, as if to imply she dresses llike that all the time.
We also noted that CNS did 14 articles on Cher's tweets through September. It sseemed to be losing interest in her as the year concluded, doing only four more articles on her last year:
- Cher: ‘TRUMP DOESN’T GIVE FK ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE. HE THINKS $ POWER & PUTIN WILL PROTECT HIM’
- Cher: "JOE BIDEN IS NOT JUST THE 'RIGHT MAN' RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT…HE’S THE 'ONLY MAN' RUNNING"
- Cher: ‘I Said I Would Never Get Vaccine as Long as Trump Was in WH. Moment Joe Gets Vaccinated I Will Get in Line’
- Cher Says on Twitter: ‘There’s a Reason trump Slept With Mein Kampf’
As with the Midler articles, the vast majority of them are credited only to "CNSNews.com Staff," but a quirk of CNS' archive search indicates that they were posted by editor in chief Terry Jeffrey.
Given that neither Midler nor Cher are terribly relevant in American culture, one can only speculate on reason for why Jeffrey is so fixated on this women that he devoted 58 articles to their thoughts last year.