Topic: Media Research Center
The Media Research Center's Drennen complained in a March 1 post:
Just hours before President Biden’s first State of the Union address on Tuesday, MSNBC anchor Chuck Todd wailed that the “right-wing echo chamber” was to blame for a majority of Americans having a bad view of the Biden economy in multiple polls. He went on to complain to fellow Democratic Party hack Jen Palmieri that the “Democratic echo chamber” needed to do a better job of spreading propaganda.
Talking to a panel of guests moments later, the exasperated host bitterly whined: “51% believe the economy is in a recession or depression. I mean, look, it’s just not true....my God, there’s jobs. There’s good jobs.” He then asked former Obama White House communications director (and Todd family dinner party guest) Palmieri: “Is this a – the right-wing echo chamber is better than Democratic echo chamber?”
Palmieri agreed and bemoaned how “the right-wing echo chamber is always better than the Democratic echo chamber.” She laughably argued – on MSNBC of all places – that: “It’s not because Democrats aren’t smart and strategic, it’s because we just don’t repeat what we’re told to say and we never will.”
Drennen didn't dispute the existence of a "right-wing echo chamber" that lives to hype Biden's poll numbers -- presumably because he knows he can't. Indeed, the MRC is a proud member of that right-wing echo chamber; it has aggressively pushed polls with the numbers it prefers -- however dubious and biased -- to attack the Biden administration (flip-flopping from its fact-free 2020 narrative that polls showing Biden winning the election were made up). Here are the poll-hyping posts the MRC has published since the beginning of the year:
- STUDY: Nets Buried Biden's Disastrous Polling in December
- Nets Bury Worst Poll Yet for Biden (So SHOCKING, Even CNN and MSNBC Cover)
- Nets Ignore Historically Bad Polling Numbers for Democrats Ahead of Midterms
- Morning Joe Makes Excuses for Biden's Pitiful Polling Numbers
- ABC, CBS Omit Poll Showing Opposition to Biden Only Considering Black SCOTUS Candidates
- Trouble in Paradise: ABC Leads with Poll Showing Disastrous Numbers for Biden Agenda
- Journalists, It’s Official: Cratering Biden Is Now Less Popular Than Trump
- HIDE THE DECLINE: Latino Nets Avoid Biden's Bad Polling With Hispanics
- DANGER ZONE: How Will the Nets React to Biden Cratering to the 30s in Polling?
- Big Three Stooges Ignore Gallup Poll Showing Americans Panning Biden Economy for 5 Days
- 'Worst 1st Year of a President': Nets Ignore Apocalyptic Biden Polling
- ABC's Jon Karl: Biden's Polls are 'Truly Grim', the 'Lowest of His Presidency'
- Over Two Days, ABC Allows Just Scant Seconds to Crumbling Biden at Stunning New Low
- 'A Huge Red Flag': Chuck Todd Panics Over GOP Lead in NBC Midterm Poll
The MRC did not similarly obsess over Donald Trump's perennially low approval ratings during his presidency, nor did it chastise its fellow right-wing echo chamber residents for largely ignoring them.
The MRC needs to be honest with itself and admit it's not about "media research" but is nothing more than a right-wing echo chamber.