Newsmax TV host Greg Kelly is working hard to try and be the most outrageous host on the channel -- no mean feat when you have the likes of Eric Bolling to compete against. He's been working hard on that over the past couple months. In May, he took part in Newsmax's war on upstart Pennsylvania Senate candidate kathey Barnette when she started to threaten primary leader (and eventual winner), the Donald Trump-endorsed Mehmet Oz. Things got a bit crazy after that:
- Kelly called police in Dallas after seeing a video of children attending a show featuring drag queens, then tweeted the outraged message he left.
- Kelly smeared Capitol Police officer Caroline Edwards, who was knocked unconscious during the Capitol riot, as a wintess who was chosen to testify during the House committee hearings on the riot as nothing more than an "attractive blonde" who wouldn't be criticized and insisted she merely "fell" and "bumped [her] head" during the insurrection.
- After the committee revealed that Trump tried to contact a witness who was about to testify before the committee, Kelly proffered that Trump may have just "butt-dialed" the person.
- Kelly attacked New York Gov. Kathy Hochul as someone who "has not really done much of anything, other than, I’m sorry but, be somebody’s wife" while interviewing her Republican opponent, Lee Zeldin, which even the right-wing New York Post seemed offended by.
- Kelly sicced cops again on something he didn't like, this time on a sex shop that offered sexual instruction to minors.
These stunts are likely designed to attract viewers to the sparsely watched channel, but they do nothing to enhance any credibility Newsmax might have.