As bad news piled up against President Trump as week, culminating in the revelation that Trump actually tried to fire the special counsel investigating him, Robert Mueller, CNSNews.com -- like the good little pro-Trump stenographers they are -- knew what it had to do.
Almost as if acting on marching orders from the Trump White House, CNS began pumping out story after story attacking Mueller's investigation and the FBI for having a role in it, as well as obsessing over personal texts between two FBI agents:
- Rep. Trey Gowdy: Strzok-Page Texts Show 'Manifest Bias' Against Trump
- Rep. Gaetz: 'No Longer Disputable' That a Pro-Clinton, Anti-Trump Bias 'Infected the FBI'
- Rep. Ratcliffe: After Election, 'There May Have Been a Secret Society' in FBI 'Working Against' Trump
- Trump Tweets That Missing FBI Texts 'One of the Biggest Stories in a Long Time'
- Levin on 50k Exchanged Texts: Worse Than Missing 18-Minute Gap Used to Mock Nixon – ‘Damning’
- Rep. Gohmert: 'Put One Lawyer in Jail, the Rest of 'Em Work Out Pretty Well'
- Joe diGenova: DOJ Officials 'Tried to Frame an Incoming President With False Russian Conspiracy' Tale
- Rep. Gaetz to FBI Director: 'Where Are Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page's Phones Currently?'
- Trump in June Complained of 'Very Bad and Conflicted People' Leading 'Witch Hunt'
- Judicial Watch Sues for Text Messages of Anti-Trump FBI Agents
That's a lot of chaff being thrown in order to obscure facts CNS doesn't want reported.