Newsmax remains Trump-fluffer central (in case you were worried otherwise). For instance, it cranked out articles hyping Trump's visit to East Palestine, Ohio, the site of a train derailement that released chemicals in the area) even though no member of the Trump administration ever visited the site of a train derailment during his presidency).
Newsmax also generated a plethora of articles out of Trump's March speech at CPAC. The main article by Sandy Fitzgerald gushed that in his "highly awaited speech," Trump "spoke out about the 'battle for our lives' against both Democrats and establishment Republicans, and told an enthusiastic crowd that they have been engaged 'in an epic struggle to rescue our country from the people who hated it and want to absolutely destroy it.'" That was followed by numerous sidebars covering not only the speech but a interview Trump did with Newsmax during CPAC and other CPAC-related things:
- Trump: 'I Am Your Retribution' in 2024
- Trump to Newsmax: Dems Have Weaponized Justice in the US
- Trump Outlines His 'Big Plans' For White House Return
- Trump: 'Will Take No Longer Than One Day' to Stop Ukraine War
- Trump Notches 62 Percent of CPAC Straw Poll
In the midst of all this CPAC activity, Fitzgerald even wrote up an article on how Trump congratulated adviser Kellyanne Conway for getting divorced from her husband, George Conway, "a frequent Trump critic."In the midst of its hysteria over Trump's (initially failed) prediction he would be "arrested," Newsmax also generated several articles out of a March 25 Trump campaign rally in Waco. Texas:
- Trump: 'I Think They've Already Dropped' the 'Fake Case' (that one didn't age well)
- Trump Announces His Texas Supporters for '24
- Trump: 'Prosecutorial Misconduct' Is Dems' New Election 'Tool'
- Trump Hails Return to DirecTV: 'Newsmax Just Got Its 15 Million People Back' (Newsmax couldn't ignore that statement, of course)
Newsmax's Rob Schmitt did an "esclusive phone interview" with Trump on March 24, and that led to more article generation:
- Trump on Biden: 'Not One Thing That He's Done That Turned Out Well'
- Trump on Russia-China-Iran Axis of Evil: Biden 'Forced Them Together'
- Trump: 'Alliance' With DeSantis 'Very Unlikely'; 'I Don't Want to Attack' GOP
- Trump Mourns Loss of Diamond of Diamond and Silk
- Trump Vows to Ban Chinese Investment, Ownership in US If President Again
- Trump: 'Many Giant Rallies' Coming Soon
- Poll: Trump Trounces DeSantis in 2024 Matchup
- Trump: GOP Must Save Medicare, Social Security
- Poll: Trump Holds Slim Lead Over Biden in Possible 2024 Rematch
- Trump: Every Day Under Biden Is Like 'April Fool's Day'
- Trump Defends N.H.'s First in Nation Status, Bashes Biden's S.C. 'Revenge'
- Trump Between Pair of Campaign Speeches: DeSantis 'Very Disloyal'
- Trump Outlines Plan to Stop Gender-Affirming 'Child Abuse'
- Report: Trump Plans to Run as Anti-War Dove Among Hawks
- Trump Claims 'Total Exoneration' After Georgia Grand Jury Report (fact-check: not so much)
- Trump: Dems, Big Tech Colluded to 'Illegally Censor Me'
- Trump: 'Hopeless' Biden 'Leading Us Into Oblivion,' World War 3
It did post the occasional negative article about Trump, such as "Trump, Lawyer Fined for 'Frivolous' Suit Against Hillary Clinton" and "Trump Withdraws Lawsuit Against NY AG James." Still, Newsmax is very much Trump-fluffing central.