CNSNews.com can cover stories when it feels like it (and when doing so advances its right-wing, pro-Trump editorial agenda). Upon the release of the Department of Justice inspector general's report on the FBI investigation of events regarding the 2016 election, CNS churned out a whopping 13 articles over the following day or so:
- FBI Employee to FBI Attorney for Russia Investigation: ‘YOU PROMISED’ Trump Would Never Get Elected
- Trump: IG Report Shows 'They Were Plotting Against Me'
- Trump: ‘I Think Comey Was the Ringleader of This ... Den of Thieves’
- DeSantis: IG Report Justifies Comey Firing and Shows No Obstruction Of Justice
- Schumer on IG Report: ‘Complaints About FBI, Jim Comey … Don’t Lead Anywhere’
- Gowdy, Goodlatte: We'll Subpoena Peter Strzok to Discuss His 'Manifest Animus Towards Donald Trump'
- Nadler: FBI’s Strzok and Page ‘Did Not Bring Bias’ to the Clinton Investigation
- Trump Tweets About IG Report: Comey 'Worst Leader'; 'Doesn't Get Any Lower' Than Strzok
- Judicial Watch: ‘IG Report Has Destroyed the Credibility’ of DOJ, FBI
- Gowdy on IG Report: ‘I’m Alarmed, Angered … This Is Not The FBI Our Country Needs’
- Nunes: IG Report Contains Evidence That Should Have Been Given to Congress
- FBI's Strzok, Page Felt 'Pressure' to Close Clinton Investigation When Trump Emerged as Likely GOP Nominee
- Nunes: 'Good FBI Agents' Told Us About Weiner Laptop At the Time, 'But We Couldn't Do Anything'
So dedicated was CNS to putting a pro-Trump spin on the IG report that none of these 13 articles reported that report also uncovered the fact that Comey acted in a biased manner that helped Trump and hurt Hillary Clinton before the election. The report specifically stated that then-FBI director James Comey made a "serious error of judgment" by announcing shortly before the election that he was reopening the email investigation against Clinton.
CNS claims in its mission statement it "endeavors to fairly present all legitimate sides of a story." That apparently doesn't apply if your last name is Clinton.