An Oct. 28 Newsmax article by David Patten asserts that "the press" is "out to get Sarah Palin." His evidence? Carefully selected headlines from the Associated Press indicating "negative news reports about her."
But a look at Patten's carefully chosen headlines show that he appears to have mistaken factual for "negative." It's absolutely true that, as one headline stated, "GOP Spent $150,000 in Donations on Palin's Look." ANd we don't understand why Patten considers headlines such as "Palin Says Obama's Policies Could Lead to Crises" and "Palin Answers Several Questions from Reporters" and "McCain Says Obama Didn't Call Palin a Pig" are "negative.
Patten, of course, neglects to mention that Newsmax is fully participating in the anti-Obama frenzy of its ConWeb bretheren. Some sample headlines from Newsmax articles in the past few days:
- Obama's Unsavory Ties to Islamic Extremists
- Obama Attacks Founding Fathers, Constitution
- Joe The Plumber Warns America About Obama
- Obama: Most Secretive Democratic Presidential Candidate Ever (formerly Barack Obama: The Most Secretive Democrat in History)
- Obama Buys the Election, Most Media Are Silent
- Obama Campaign's Secret Cash: Has $63 Million Flowed from Foreign Sources?
- Obama Wants 12 Million Illegals to Get Citizenship
- Obama Ignores Credit Card Donation Fraud
- Bill O’Reilly: Obama Was Close to Ayers
- 'Smears' About Obama Largely True
- Powell Is Wrong About Obama's Muslim Past
Is Newsmax out to get Obama? You betcha.