Les Kinsolving's Feb. 15 WorldNetDaily column is one long fit of old-guy grumbling about the Super Bowl. Among Kinsolving's complaints:
- Nobody played any Sousa marches.
- NFL players have "an aversion to barber shops."
- They also have tattoos.
- "This begs another question: What would the National Football League do if one of its players were an American-Indian who lingered in the locker room long enough to adorn himself with full, face-covering war paint?"
- The commercials sucked.
- "I heard both 'America the Beautiful' and our national anthem musically mauled."
- Then, a couple days later, some newspaper columnist criticized Francis Scott Key for writing such crappy lyrics.
- By contrast, the Army-Navy game had marching bands that played Sousa marches, and their players aren't overpaid like those NFL guys are.
Also: "I confess that I avoided halftime, because I needed to eat dinner and halftime featured such 'highlights' as the Black Eyed Peas and Flash."