Topic: Media Research Center
The Media Research Center's Hunter Biden Derangement Sydrome is legion, largely devoted to whining that the story regarding his laptop was ignored by the media (even though it should really be criticizing the New York Post for not providing independent verification of the story that would have made it more likely to be taken as seriously as the MRC demands). Over the summer, the MRC continued to manufacture "scandals" regarding Hunter Biden that it demanded must be covered outside its right-wing media bubble, declaring every single negative attack, no matter how small, as its own "scandal." A June 8 item by Geoffrey Dickens complained under the headline "Seven NEW Hunter Biden Scandals the Networks Refuse to Report On":
The scandalous hits from Hunter Biden keep coming, but you wouldn’t know it if you get your news primarily from the Big Three (ABC, CBS, NBC) broadcast networks.
From very serious allegations of corruption that that could hurt President Joe Biden’s credibility (Hunter’s business partners visiting the White House) to the kind of salacious headlines that would dominate the news cycles if this was a son of a Republican president (Hunter allegedly cavorts around with an illegal gun while with a hooker) the nets have been completely silent.
The following are just a FEW of the Hunter scandals that have been revealed since March 16 and how ABC, CBS and NBC have covered or, more accurately, not covered them:
Dickens ramped up the numbers in a July 12 post headlined "Ten NEW Hunter Biden Scandals the Networks Are CENSORING":
ABC, CBS and NBC still refuse to cover the latest Hunter Biden scandals, even as they pile up on an almost daily basis.
Because they are so in the tank for the Biden administration the broadcast networks remain stubborn in their refusal to report on evidence that links directly to the President himself like Joe Biden’s voicemail to Hunter that disproves his claim he “never” spoke to Hunter about his “business dealings. The networks have also been completely silent on the kind of salacious headlines (Hunter may face federal prostitution charges) that would dominate the news cycles if this was a son of a Republican president.
Of course, Dickens and the MRC would be vociferously denying such scandals if this was "a son of a Republican president" and accusing the media of "liberal bias" for reporting them, so perhaps Dickens' rhetoric is not terribly based in reality.
Dickens ran up the numbers to an almost logic-defying extent in an Aug. 30 post under the screaming headline "Ten BRAND NEW Hunter Biden Scandals the Nets Are Censoring":
When will the dam break?
ABC, CBS and NBC’s evening and morning news programs continue to hold back from their audiences the latest shocking revelations surrounding Hunter Biden’s various scandals.
Not even the stunning news that whistleblowers claimed FBI officials told employees (prior to the 2020 election) to slow-walk the Hunter Biden laptop investigation and Mark Zuckerberg’s confession that the FBI told Facebook to censor Hunter’s laptop scandal got the Big Three networks to break their ongoing blackout.
A new poll underlines how the liberal media elites may have turned the tide of a presidential election with 79 percent of respondents saying “truthful” coverage of Hunter’s laptop scandal would have changed the 2020 outcome.
Because they are so in the tank for the Biden administration the broadcast networks remain stubborn in their refusal to report on evidence that links directly to the President himself like e-mails from Hunter’s laptop and White House visitor logs that disprove his claim he “never” spoke to Hunter about his “business dealings.”
In between (and a little before) all that dubious inflation -- 27 separate "scandals"? Really? -- the MRC continued to blare every attack on Hunter it could find and whine that non-right-wing outlets weren't as obsessed with them as it was. For example:
- Journalists Have Learned Nothing From the Laptop Fiasco, and They’re Not Sorry
- Is Hunter Biden’s Laptop Killing Twitter as We Know It? (Jeffrey Lord column)
- Nets Spend MEASLY 298 Seconds on Hunter Laptop, Since NYT Finally Acknowledged Its Existence
- Nets Ignore Report Hunter Biden's Tax & Paternity Records Subpoenaed
- Hunter’s Business Partner Visited White House 19 Times, Nets REFUSE to Report
- Nets Ignore BOMBSHELL Report Biden Paid Hunter's Legal Fees
- Silence on Hunter Biden's Widow-Trashing Emails (Tim Graham column)
- NOT INTERESTED: Nets Hide Hunter’s Horrifying Porn Habit, Affair With Late Brother’s Wife
- Tucker Slams Biden's Gun Control Hypocrisy: Hunter Lied on Gun Check
- Networks CENSOR Joe Biden’s ‘I Think You’re Clear’ Voicemail to Hunter
- 'Single Biggest Media Fraud' Fox News Slams Coverup of Hunter Scandals
- Nets Bury Biden Selling Oil to Chinese Company Tied to Hunter Biden
- Nets Ignore News Hunter Biden Could Face Federal Prostitution Charges
- Nets Hide MAJOR News Feds Ready to Indict Hunter Biden
- CORRUPT: Nets Ignore Report of FBI Meddling in Hunter Biden Investigation
- CNN Sympathetically Covers Hunter Biden Legal Woes: 'Struggled to Pay Bills'
- ‘Big Guy’ Joe Biden Met with 14 of Hunter’s Biz Partners, Nets Skip
- Nets Ignore FBI Admitting Hunter Payments Might Be 'Malign Foreign Influence'
- Nets Ignore EXPLOSIVE Allegations Biden Admin is Covering for Hunter
- Nets Ignore Hunter Biden Crying Poor, Wants Child Support Lowered
Many of the Hunter attacks the MRC is hyping come from highly biased anti-Biden bubble outlets like Fox News, the Daily Mail and the Washington Examiner. The MRC did not explain why these outlets deserve to be trusted at face value given their obvious biases.