Despite a fresh crop of summer interns to perform the work that full-time employees apparently not longer want to do, CNSNews.com remained at a lo level of Mark Levin stenography in July and August. Here's what CNS published for that period:
- Levin Slams 'Diabolical, Anti-Children' Teachers Unions
- Former ICE Director to Biden: 'Let These Men and Women Do Their Job' (Levin guest)
- Levin: Parents Must Boycott, Sue, and FOIA Woke Schools
- Mark Levin: 'The I-Word, Impeachment! Let's Start to Talk About It'
- Gingrich Blasts 'Coalition of the Bigs' Between Biden Admin and Big Business (Levin guest)
- Mark Levin: A Leader Would Tell Taliban ‘You’re Going to Give Us Our People or We’re Going to Crush You’
- Fmr. UK Commander in Afghanistan: Biden 'Should Be Court-Martialed For Betraying' U.S. and U.S. Armed Forces (Levin guest)
- Afghan Vet Lawmaker: Biden ‘Wanted the Optics of Getting Out by 9/11’ (Levin guest)
That's eight articles, making for a total of just 37 Levin stenography articles so far in 2021, well off its usual pace in which Levin would benefit from more than 100 articles annually.
Still, Levin got plenty of exposure at CNS during that time, because it was part of the promotional machine run by its parent, the Media Research Center, hyping Levin's new book, "American Marxism." Like other MRC websites, CNS made an interview Levin did with MRC chief Brent Bozell its lead story for the weekend of July 9-11, and published numerous other items touting Levin's book:
- A July 8 link to an American Spectator review of the book, gushily headlined "Mark Levin’s American Marxism: A Much-Needed Home Run."
- A July 12 article by Ashilanna Kreiner plugged Levin plugging his own book on his Fox News TV show.
- A July 14 article by Craig Bannister gushed that "Former President Donald Trump is praising Constitutional Scholar and Author Mark Levin’s new book, 'American Marxism,' for pulling the veil off the Marxist ideology being deceptively peddled in the U.S. - not just by Democrats and the Biden Administration - but by schools, media, corporations and entertainment." Bannister didn't mention, however, that Trump's plug was largely a copy-and-paste of the publisher's promotional copy as he is wont to do).
- MRC executive Tim Graham's July 16 column whining that CNN's Brian Stelter criticized the book.
- David Limbaugh's July 16 endorsement of the book, under the headline "American Marxism, a Counterrevolution."