CNSNews.com managing editor Michael W. Chapman has long had a obsession with right-wing evangelical guy Franklin Graham, basically serving as his PR guy (although to a lesser extent than CNS serves as Mark Levin's PR operation). Chapman really cranked up his inner Graham fanboy recently, publishing 15 articles touting Graham's musings since the November presidential election, mostly on election fraud conspiracy theories, how evil liberals and gay people supposedly are, and howgreat a president Donald Trump was:
- Rev. Franklin Graham: ‘Many Fear that Some Are Trying to Steal the Election, So Join Me in Praying’ (one of two in this group posted by Craig Bannister, not Chapman)
- Rev. Graham: America is 'Under Attack' From 'Within,' Socialists Who Want Anarchy in Our Streets
- Rev. Graham Scolds CNN's Jake Tapper: Despite Your Gloom, Christmas Will Be Celebrated Around the World
- Rev. Graham: GA Senate Candidate Warnock 'Champions the Killing of Babies' in the Womb, It's 'Demonic'
- Rev. Graham: LGBT Activists Want You to 'Conform' to 'Their Sinful Beliefs,' or They Will 'Close You Down'
- Rev. Graham: 'Trump Will Go Down as One of The Greatest Presidents of Our Nation'
- Rev. Graham: Trump 'Has Been Maligned, Falsely Accused, and Attacked on Every Front' Since 2016
- Rev. Graham: 'Pray That God' Will 'Spare Our Nation From the Evil That is Before Us'
- Rev. Graham: Senate is Last 'Defense to Block Radical, Wicked Agenda Trying to Take Control of Our Nation'
- Rev. Graham: Pelosi is 'Shaking a Fist in the Creator's Face, Trying to Deny His Authority'
- Rev. Graham: 'God's Judgment is Coming, For the Sins of Our Nation Are Great'
- Rev. Graham: America is in 'Spiritual Crisis,' We've 'Turned Our Back on Our Creator'
- Rev. Franklin Graham Shares Late Father’s Video: ‘That Is Hell…You Are Living in Hell Now’ (the other Bannister-posted piece)
- Rev. Graham: Democrats Impeached Because They 'Hate' Trump, 30 Pieces of Silver for This 'Betrayal'
- Rev. Graham: Tennis Legend Margaret Court is Under Attack for Defending the Bible, Opposing LGBT Agenda
Because these are stenography pieces, no criticism is allowed. Therefore, Graham is not going to bring up Graham's unseemly and aggressive support for Trump -- or that there's a petition aiming to remove Graham from running the ministry of his father, Billy Graham, over it -- nor a counterpoint to his "30 pieces of silver" smear; one commenter noted that "Graham’s inference that Donald Trump is comparable to Jesus by asserting a parallel between the 10 Republicans and Judas is ludicrous at best and, at the worst, is sheer blasphemy."
It's another violation of its own mission statement, which claims that CNS "endeavors to fairly present all legitimate sides of a story." CNS should either live up to its mission statement ... or edit out anything that might suggest that it's fair and balanced.