As Border Patrol and immigration officials have come under increased scrutiny over the Trump administration's crackdown on refugees and other undocumented immigrants and how they are treated in custody, as well as tweets from President Trump widely viewed as anti-immigrant, CNSNews.com -- already a loyal Trump stenographer -- increased the sycophancy over the past couple months by with a notable uptick in articles defending ICE and CBP and atacking their critics, usually in the form of favorable testimony by administration officials or Republican congressmen:
- CBP Deputy Commissioner: All of Our Facilities Have Access to Fresh Water
- El Paso Border Patrol Agent: CBP Facilities ‘Inspected Constantly' by DHS
- Kevin McAleenan: There’s Adequate Food and Water at CBP Facility, Facility Is Cleaned Daily
- Rep. Chip Roy Defends Border Patrol Against Allegations of Neglect at CBP Facilities
- Rep. Chip Roy: Dems Used Obama-Era Photo of Kids in Cages to Promote Congressional Hearing
- Pence Says CNN Was 'Dishonest' in Reporting on His Visit to Border Facilities
- Rep. Chip Roy: ‘Let's Remember That I.C.E. Is Not the Enemy’
- Acting I.C.E. Director: Family Separation Is 'Not the Intent' of Immigration Raids
- Acting DHS Secretary: Denying Money for ICE Beds Contributed to Overcrowded Conditions
- Border Patrol Chief: ‘A Few Bad Apples Are Not Representative of the Organization’
- CBP Chief: 'Demonizing of Law Enforcement Professionals Must Stop'
- Border Agents Locate, Rescue 84 Year-Old Man Lost in Cornfield
- Acting CBP Commissioner: ‘These Aren’t Raids - These Are Targeted Law Enforcement Operations’
- Michelle Malkin: Open Borders Inc.: Who's Funding the Wicked War on ICE?
Meanwhile, CNS also made time to make political attacks over immigration, such as an article by Melanie Arter complaining that "House Democrats refuse to pass legislation that might slow the overwhelming tide of illegal immigration at the nation's Southwest border, but today they will find time to vote on a resolution formally condemning President Donald Trump for his 'xenophobic tweets.'"
Just a reminder of what CNS' priorities are ... and they aren't news.