Last week, CNS was in damage control mode over news that Attorney General Jeff Sessions had not been completely forthcoming over his contacts with the Russian ambassador. Over the weekend -- as if directed by the Trump White House, as a lot of CNS' coverage appears to be -- CNS pushed right-wing narratives on Sessions:
- Obama Admin. Arranged Sessions' First Meeting with Russian Ambassador, Fmr. DOJ Atty. Reveals
- WH: Schumer Having Drinks with Putin Not News, But a Trump Volunteer Bumping into a Russian Ambassador Is?
Trump's distracting, unsubstantiated tweet that President Obama bugged Trump Tower during the election also got the full CNS treatment:
- Levin Uses Liberal Media’s OWN WORDS as 'Evidence' Obama Spied on Trump
- Cotton: ‘I’m Sure’ Senate Intelligence Committee Will Look into Allegations That Obama Admin Wiretapped Trump Campaign
- Intel Committee Will Make Inquiries Into Whether Government Put Surveillance on Political Campaigns
- 9,400 to Zero: For 6 Years, Spy Court Denied No Electronic Surveillance Applications
- WH Spokesman: ‘If This Happened…Would Be the Greatest Abuse of Power and Overreach…Ever’
- Obama Press Secretary Doesn't Deny Trump Was Wiretapped, Doesn't Deny Obama Got Intel
CNS did more Trump stenography on his revised anti-Muslim travel ban:
- DHS Answers 37 Questions About New Executive Order Limiting Entry into U.S.
- WH: New Executive Order on Immigration ‘Does Not Treat Syrian Refugees Different Than Any Refugees’
And CNS is still pushing the Trump line on Russian interference in the election:
- Ex-AG Mukasey: No Special Prosecutor – ‘There’s Nothing to Prosecute’
- Obama’s Intelligence Chief Says ‘No Evidence’ of Trump-Russian Collusion; Media Focus on Wiretap Denial
- Judicial Watch Sues CIA: 'Illegal Secrecy' on 'Anti-Trump Russia Investigations Must End'
And amid all this Trump stenography, CNS' Susan Jones found time to write a second article in less than a week maliciously portraying Sen. Al Franken as obsessed with Trump's tax returns (here's the first one), despite the fact that it was not even the primary focus of the remarks Jones reported.
All that Trump stenography is sure keeping CNS busy.