WorldNetDaily's Aaron Klein has long hidden behind independently unverifiable anonymous sources to launch attacks on his political enemies. Here are some of the latest examples of Klein's anonymously sourced work:
- A July 21 article claimed that "The Obama administration has quietly presented a plan in which the Palestinian Authority and Jordan will receive sovereignty over the Temple Mount while Israel will retain the land below the Western Wall," citing "a senior PA negotiator."
- A July 22 article claimed that "A European Union boycott of financial dealings with Jews in the biblical West Bank, Golan Heights and eastern Jerusalem was fully coordinated with the Obama administration," citing "a senior Palestinian negotiator."
- An Aug. 1 article claimed "The Obama administration is working behind the scenes in tandem with the European Union’s boycott of Israeli settlements, tying the seriousness of the EU’s future ban to the Jewish state’s actions during current U.S.-brokered talks with the Palestinians," citing "a senior Palestinian negotiator."
- An Aug. 3 article claimed that "The current al-Qaida terrorist plot against U.S. and Western targets is a direct result of U.S.-supported efforts currently underway to purge al-Qaida affiliates from the ranks of the Syrian rebels," citing "informed Middle Eastern security sources."
- An Aug. 6 article claimed "American compounds in Saudi Arabia and Egypt are now on high alert after the U.S. passed along information to both countries about credible al-Qaida threats," citing "an informed Middle Eastern security official."
As always, Klein offers no evidence why anyone should trust his "senior" and "informed" anonymous sources.