Well, that was quick. Just a few hours after it was reported that Fred Thompson will officially explore running for president, NewsMax's Ronald Kessler has an article up attacking Thompson as lazy, a supporter of campaign finance reform, and nowhere near the cool dude that Mitt Romney is. Indeed, here Kessler resumes his obsequious, creepy fluffing of Romney:
- "In contrast to Thompson, looking at the leading presidential candidates from both parties, none comes close to having the accomplishments of Mitt Romney."
- "As governor, all of Romney's actions fit the conservative mold, even more so than those of Ronald Reagan. "
- "While all the leading candidates have changed position on a range of issues, Romney has made a clear change on only one issue. "
- "If Romney's Mormon beliefs make him gullible, Christians and Jews must be equally gullible. After all, they believe that men parted the Red Sea and walked on water, that Jesus paid taxes with coins from a fish's mouth, that a drop of oil burned for eight days, and that Mary gave birth to Jesus as a virgin."
- "As for the claim that Romney is too perfect, that's another misconception: Romney doesn't have a dog."
Wow. Just ... wow.