As if the right-wing bias of CNSNews.com was obvious, they made it crystal clear in its coverage of President Trump's State of the Union Address.
CNS published four "news" articles centered on, or completely made up of, quotes from Trump's address:
- Trump: Only ‘Foolish Wars, Politics, or Ridiculous Partisan Investigations’ Can Stop our Economic Miracle
- Trump: 'America Is Again Winning, Each and Every Day...The State of Our Union Is Strong'
- Trump on Afghanistan and Syria: ‘Great Nations Do Not Fight Endless Wars’
- Trump in State of the Union: ‘America Will Never be a Socialist Country’
These were followed by three articles focusing on the facial expressions of Democratic politicians listening to the address -- all centered on CNS' pet issue of abortion:
- Pelosi Sits, Scowls, Shakes Head as Trump Says: ‘Let Us Work Together to Build a Culture That Cherishes Innocent Life'
- Schumer Smirks as Trump Describes NY Law Allowing ‘Baby to be Ripped from Mother’s Womb Moments from Birth’
- Congresswomen in White Sit Stone-Faced as Chamber Cheers Trump’s Call to Ban Late-Term Abortion
Additionally, CNS published no article on Stacey Abrams' Democratic rebuttal to Trump's address -- effectively censoring its existence for its readers. It did, however, publish a column by Tom Kilgannon of Freedom Alliance declaring that State of the Union rebuttals should be banned because they're "pointless, petty and uninspired" and "only perpetuates distrust and discord in our political life." Kilgannon claimed he was making a bipartisan demand -- "It matters not whether the respondent is Stacy Abrams or Marco Rubio, the evening belongs to the president" -- but we found no instance of Kilgannon making the same demand while Barack Obama was president.
CNS' Media Research Center would be up in arms if it found bias this blatant at a "liberal" media outlet.