CNSNews.com managing editor Michael W. Chapman has a thing for publishing hateful far-right commentary on his website, with anti-gay attacks a particular interest. Chapman ramped up the hate with a March 16 post:
Peter LaBarbera, founder of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, gave a talk on Saturday about the destructive agenda of the LGBT movement and how it manipulates language in particular to disguise its evil intentions and spin them in a positive light -- darkness to light -- which, he added, is truly "satanic."
LaBarbera presented his talk at the Wisconsin Christian News Ministry Expo and Conference in Wausau, Wisc., on March 10. In a discussion about how "Words Lose their Meaning" when adopted and manipulated by the LGBT movement, LaBarbera gave the example, "Come Out of the Closet."
"This is one people don’t think about," he said. "But think about it – come out of the closet. Come out of the dark closet of lies and self-hatred into the light of truth, right? You come out."
"But what is it really? said LaBarbera. "You come in, into darkness. You’re embracing spiritual darkness as a personal identity, as who you are. Then you’re selling it to everyone you know. You’re doing Satan’s work in the name of light.”
For some reason, homosexuality has become the issue for the left,” said LaBarbera. “The issue. It’s satanic.”
Homosexuality is satanic because it is a complete rejection of nature -- the natural design, order of one's body, male or female -- and an attack on the natural world (biology) that was created by God to function in a specific way. The principal entity that rejected God and His creation from the start was Satan, Lucifer. As he said, "I will not serve."
LaBarbera's NARTH is a leading promoter of anti-gay hate and junk science.
Chapman presents this post as fact, without offering a countering opinion (and you'd think it wouldn't be hard to find someone to point out that gays aren't, in fact, satanic).
Here are some of the other anti-LGBT attacks Chapman has posted to CNS over the past few months, with a heavy emphasis on the rantings of his favorite right-wing minister, Franklin Graham:
- Rev. Graham: Disney Is Pushing 'LGBT Agenda' Into The 'Minds of Your Children -- Watch Out!
- FRC: Trump's Reversal of Bathroom/Shower Mandate Is a Victory for Parents, Kids
- Franklin Graham: 'NFL Is Trying to Push Homosexuality Through a New Pro-Same-Sex Ad'
- Ukranian Greek Catholic Church: Gender Theory Denies Reality, Mirrors 'Totalitarian Ideology'
- Rev. Peterson on Obama & Manning: 'Some Issue Going On' Causes Obama 'To Identify With' Transgenders, Gays
- Bachmann: U.S. Gov't Has Been 'Cursing' Israel And Forcing 'Evil' Gay Agenda Abroad
- Rev. Peterson: The LGBT 'Lie' Will Destroy You, Your Family, And Our Country
In that time period, Chapman wrote nothing that was positive about the LGBT community, so we can assume that Chapman wholeheartedly endorses the hate he regurgitates.