Remember how Joseph Farah wants you to believe that his WorldNetDaily is merely a "watchdog on government" and isn't trying to "shape the news"? Yeah, not so much.
The latest issue of WND's Whistleblower magaine, meanwhile, rejects both approaches for some good ol' fearmongering. As described in in an Oct. 1 WND article:
Gun and ammo sales are through the roof, as is the popularity of post-apocalyptic TV shows like “The Walking Dead” and “Revolution.” Foreclosures, debt, the “misery index” and suicide rates are also way up, while employment, consumer confidence, median family income and optimism about the kind of country today’s children will inherit are way, way down.
Against this turbulent backdrop, America – her people more polarized than at any time since the Civil War – faces the most staggeringly consequential election in generations.
In a very special pre-election issue, October’s Whistleblower magazine provides a stunning “crystal ball” look at the future of America should Obama win reelection. It is titled, “THE TIPPING POINT: Life in America under 4 more years of Barack Obama’s leadership.”
Here are some of the wild speculation the magazine engages in:
- “Obama’s 2nd-term dream is America’s nightmare” by Aaron Klein, who takes readers on a tour of Obama’s upcoming policies, as revealed by the think tanks that created his first-term agenda
- 2nd-term plan: “Disarm border agents” (Protect illegal aliens in multitude of ways, grant amnesty, convert into voters)
- 2nd-term plan: “Take control of ‘every industry’” (Government’s ‘success’ with automaker bailouts to be replicated throughout economy)
- 2nd-term plan: “Institute ‘Marxist’ jobs plan” (Government-mandated ‘living wage’ could ‘crash and burn’ entire economy)
- 2nd-term plan: “Morph Obamacare into hardcore socialized medicine” (Single-payer system is waiting in the wings)
- 2nd-term plan: “Gut military and transform soldiers into social workers” (New focus on ‘global warming,’ ‘injustice,’ poverty, bolstering the U.N.)
- “Burn down the suburbs?” by Stanley Kurtz, who documents the shocking truth that Obama is actually trying abolish America’s suburbs
“Obama is bringing about ‘nightmare scenario’” by Troy Anderson, in which Dinesh D’Souza, the author and filmmaker who made “2016,” says America is becoming vulnerable to both financial collapse and nuclear attack
Shocking, maybe. Truth? Probably not. But when has WND ever cared about the truth?